Trinity of Fantasy

EVERNA Exploring Worlds of Fantasy (English)
http://fireheart-vadis.blogspot.com/
Everna and FireHeart Saga Novels by Andry Chang, research notes and records about worlds of Fantasy/Epic Fiction in general

Fantasy Worlds Indonesia (Indonesian)
http://fantasindo.blogspot.com/
News and updates about Everna Saga - FireHeart Published Novels by Andry Chang in Indonesian Language
and reviews about Indonesian fantasy fiction writers, aspiring writers and creators in general

EVERNA Codex Evernium (English-Indonesian)
http://evernade.blogspot.com
EVERNA SAGA Wiki, Lore and Encyclopedia
Come forth, Paladins! Fulfill Your Destiny!

Explore Everna With Google

Google

CODEX EVERNIUM The Source - The Birth and Religions of Everna




THE SOURCE Andry Chang

CODEX EVERNIUM – The Origin of the Omnia Universe, Terra Everna and Religions in Everna

In the beginning, there was only darkness and void. Everything was empty. Everything was nothing.

And then, a spark of energy emanated from that void, creating the first mass of energy and matter, the first ever consciousness, the first ever being in the universe.

The Source, what I called myself.

As time flew, I, The Source grew and became bigger and larger, like an embryo in an egg crust like a sun as large as all the stars and planets in the entire universe merged as one. As the force became too great and too compressed, I broke free from my crust through an ultimately massive explosion. It was a Big Bang, a Supernova.

The Supernova sent countless shards of my crust sun all over the universe. The shards then transformed into planets, stars, suns, comets and so on. Amazingly, the stars and planets aligned and resonated magnetically with each other, clustering themselves into solar systems, constellations and galaxies.

I, The Source who was born in the Supernova viewed the universe with joy and awe. In countless number of planets, there resided life forces so identical with their source, namely myself. I found out that I was not alone in this universe, and my joy was complete.

However, my being was too divine, too almighty and too great. I don’t want to favor a certain planet, race or entity of life by staying in one of those planets. Moreover, I saw inhabited planets exploded and was destroyed so suddenly in their early ages. Then I knew at once I had a responsibility to save all lives in that temporary “crude-crust” universe I called Omnia, not letting them all disintegrated into oblivion.

So, I, The Source used my infinite, almighty powers to create another universe that was truly eternal, divine and indestructible, not like this “crust”, Omnia. It was a divine universe called Aethera or simply “heaven”.

From heaven, I looked upon all the cycles of life and the entire universe. I observed how creatures in a world evolved into something better, more alike me. The world that evolved most rapidly was Terra Everna. So, I considered Terra Everna as one of my favorite worlds in Omnia, and observed it most eagerly.

Ages and centuries went past. I, The Source ceaselessly strived to reach the countless realms of Omnia. My longing to invite the mortals to enter and live in Aethera, the realm eternal of my creation intensified and became unbearable. Of course, I have also created divine, heavenly beings including angels. However, their sole purpose was to serve the light. They lived like flashes of a single, white light, and the mortals lived like a rainbow, so colorful and exciting, full of variations, emotions and sometimes... adventures. Without these colors, truthfully, I felt very lonely, so lonely like hell.

Speaking of hell, that loneliness roused the deepest, darkest and negative aspect within myself, The Source. My dark side then created another universe of darkness, a realm called Nethera or simply “hell”. For a time being, Nethera was an empty realm. It became my playground, the place where I dumped all my loneliness and boredom. There, I went one one challenging and dangerous adventure after another, just for fun and sport. After that, I went back to my chores in heaven.

As expected, the evolution in Everna reached the final stage the earliest in the entire Omnia. The highest entity is was divine, but limited to each task and talent. They were called gods or dios.

I, The Source was overjoyed because my long-awaited opportunity came at last. I planned to use the gods to invite mankind, the most complete mortals near and alike me to “come home” and stay in the realm I’ve created, the true heaven, Aethera.

Alas, the gods had their own plans. They have created “worldly heavens” and ethereal realms such as Elysion, Valhalla and Nirvana. And they also built their own divine domains such as Asgard, Olympus, Shangri-la and so on. The gods even created their own “worldly hells” such as Udgard, Hades or the Underground as prisons for unrighteous souls after death.

The gods didn’t realize that the realms they’ve created could and would be destroyed because they were parts of the “crude-crust” universe, Omnia. They ignored all my “good news” they should convey to the whole world, in this case Terra Everna. Instead, the gods lived their immortal life, using their infinite lifespan in false, hollow luxury, pleasure and even incest and debauchery. They didn’t even realize that they could still be killed with supernatural or equally divine powers, artifacts or weapons and not truly immortal.

I, The Source, the true owner of Omnia Universe event sent messengers and prophets, warning the gods that their way of living would bring wars and destruction in a global scale. Sadly, they even killed those messengers by the most gruesome ways ever known. Of course, that ignited my wrath. Alas, I loved this world so much, I kept on sending messengers, prophets, signs and warnings of disasters and such instead of total destruction as punishment.

Finally, my fear has come true. The World War of the Gods, also between gods, humans, monsters and devils erupted. It was called Ragnarok or Armageddon. At first, the wars seemed sporadic and limited to a dispute between gods within a “god nation”. For instance, the war between the Asgardian gods and the Jotun frost giants led by Loki.

However, the simultaneous timing between those wars made them grew to a global scale, causing damage throughout Everna. At the very end, a fire god from Valhalla, Surt made the core of Everna explode, and the whole world was engulfed and consumed in flame. This was Everna’s first doomsday, globally called the Apocalypse.

Witnessing all these, I, The Source was deep in grief and despair. The end of Everna was apparent, yet absolutely regrettable. Yet, there were still flickers of life and hope in that planet. So I decided to take actions, giving Everna a second chance, a gracious favor no realm has been given before.

With my powers, I extinguished the raging flames with ice, thus creating an Ice Age that lasted for 1024 years. During that time, I entrusted Everna into the hands of Freyja, an all-powerful Asgardian ice goddess who survived Surt’s Apocalypse.

Changing her name to Frei Val’shka, Freyja repeated the mistakes of her divine predecessors and fellows. Frei also forgot the fact that her authority and power came from me. She wanted to manage Everna according to her whim.

So, I waited until the eternal snow melted, not forcing it to melt with my powers to avoid causing another apocalyptic disaster. Finally, Frei Val’shka got her payback and the world was restored through mankind’s struggle. Humans, along with other races fought Val’shka, led by legendary heroes and warriors including their finest, Vazar and Marvella.

During the Second World Era, I, The Source decided to handle Everna personally in this one-and-only second chance. I soon realized that I was an embodiment of three contradicting elements. So, I took a part of my body and soul essence and separated them into three divine beings. Vadis from positive essence, the god of light and the sun; Adair from negative essence, god of darkness and the moon; And Enia, from neutral essence, goddess of life and nature.

And so, since the Age of Restoration to the Space Age and beyond, new religions became widespread throughout Everna. Some of the principal religions are:

1.      Vadisian
Vadisian Religion worships Vadis as the divine father of light, the sun and time in Everna, also acknowledging Enia and Adair as a union in the Trinity. Vadisians are mostly humans, also some dwarves, halflings and many other races.

2.      Adairan
Adairan Religion worships Adair as the divine father of darkness, the moon and afterlife in Everna. He aids the strong and the ambitious through the road towards power and glory. Adairans are mostly orcs, goblins, dark elves and some other races.

3.      Enian
Enian Religion worships Enia as the divine mother of nature, with the main teaching of preservation of nature, creatures, love and life. Most Enians are elves, dryads and forest-dwelling races.

4.      Heretics
Heretic Religions worship the “Old Gods” from the First World Era, thinking that the pantheons still have the authority and force towards fate in Everna. For instance, some people in Parthenia still worship Zeus and the Olympian gods, and some people in Bjordan still worship the Asgardian gods. Included as heretics are those who worship “New Gods” other than the Trinity of Vadis, Adair and Enia. For instance, most of the dwarven people of Grad worship the three gods, Joldin, Ulric and Thurlam.

5.      Occults
The secret occult cults also emerged in Everna. Most of them worship evil or chaotic deities like Frei Val’shka, Vordac, Arachus, Mephistopheles, Xylen, Nöac, Ahriman, Kali, Tholocaus etc.

Since the Civilization Age and mainly during the Arcane Age, the Vadisian Religion was booming and spread most rapidly. The Vadisians were met with numerous threats and challenges. One of the most powerful adversaries is the Occult of the Dark Forces led by the dark lords Vordac, Arachus and their successors, Mephistopheles and so on. Even so, Vadisianism continued to bloom and grow.

Actually, the Trinity of Vadis, Adair and Enia have traveled and spread their teachings throughout Everna. So, religions similar to Vadisian-Adairan-Enian also emerged in many territories, with different names to call Vadis, Enia and Adair.

1.      Antapada and Arcapada Region
Sang Mahesa (Sang Hyang Mahesa) (Vadis), Sang Angkara (Adair) and Sang Srisari (Enia).

2.      Ubanga Continent
Asvai Askari (Vadis), Te’ata Voodu (Adair) and Thu’mar Uma (Enia)

3.      Wushu Empire
Shen Wang (Vadis), Mo Wang (Adair), Tie Mu (Enia)

4.      Shima Empire
Shin (Vadis), Yami (Adair), Ama (Enia)

5.      Al-Kalam Region:
Al-Khalik (Vadis), Al-Gajjal (Adair), Al-Imina (Enia)

Through and by these religions, I, The Source still tried to quench my longing. Many souls have come home to rest and live forevermore in the true heaven. Although many lives were also lost in hell or reincarnated, at least religions were the best solutions for salvation in Terra Everna, all the way until the end of all time.

Codex Evernium Update – November 10, 2015 by Andry Chang
Image Source: suntwirl.deviantart.com

Comments

Popular Posts